Get started and build your team
It may feel overwhelming to begin with. Your lawyer can help you build your team, everyone from pre-purchase building inspectors, accountants, valuers, surveyors, engineers, planners and council staff. You may only need some, or you may need all, depending on what you are purchasing and what your future plans are.
Do your homework
You’ve found your dream home, now what? Let’s start the due diligence process, to ensure everything lines up. We’ve created a Due Diligence Checklist to get you started.
Key things to consider
- Who is buying the property? Are you putting it in a Trust? If purchasing with another party, are you each contributing equally?
- How are you funding your purchase?
- What conditions has your bank put on this funding?
- What special features does the property have?
- What conditions do you need in your contract?
- What is your timeline?
How much is it going to cost?
‘No surprises’ is our motto. We want to be upfront on what the property transaction you are embarking on is going to cost you so you can manage your budget. The cost will include the fees you pay for our work but also other related expenses such as council fees and Land information registration fees.